The revised and expanded edition of The Beginner's Guide to Spiritual Gifts is now available1
I’m happy to announce that the revised and expanded edition of my book, The Beginner’s Guide to Spiritual Gifts (Regal, 222 pp.), is now available.
The book first came out in 2002. This revised edition is considerably longer and contains new material that I think should prove helpful. Here are a few of the items not found in the first edition:
(1) discussion questions for individual and small group studies follow each chapter;
(2) a detailed account of a miraculous healing in which I was blessed to participate; the mother of the young boy has provided a meticulous medical record of what occurred;
(3) a lengthy addendum in the chapter on healing where I ask and answer the question: “Do ‘Miracles’ Continue, but Not the ‘Gift’ of Miracles?”
(4) an expanded discussion of 1 Corinthians 14:34 and what Paul means when he says, “the women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak;”
(5) an Appendix in which I provide the Guidelines we use at Bridgeway to help train people to pray for the sick; and,
(6) an Appendix that first appeared in my book, Convergence, that discusses how we should respond when a remarkably gifted individual suffers from a moral failure.
At the bottom of this home page, along the right hand column, you will see a picture of the cover of the book (it’s the red one). If you click on it you will be taken to Amazon where you can easily order it at a greatly reduced price.